Visita de 'Impacto'

Mi amiguita, Satcha, was in the metroplex for few hours today. She had a layover at DFW on her way to our dear alma mater Angelo State University for a journalism conference. JG and I were fortunate to visit with her over a late lunch, estilo mexicanp- de ricos tacos al pastor, tamales, y un sope. It was a pleasure to see Satcha despite the short time.





I met Satcha during my early days at ASU many moons ago. Wow, has it been 9 years already?

You know, I was dying to tell my all students that I was going to see Satcha for a couple of hours, but i knew it would cause and uproar...I didn't want to hear suggestions, which my children are ever so generously giving them. I could just hear them...
"Why doesn't she come see us?" Por que no viene?
"Can we go too, like a field trip?" Usted nos puede llevar?
"Did you say she enjoys reading to children?"
No me conteni del secreto...le dije a una niña. She wrote a note for Satcha during recess, which by the way I forgot on my desk...I hope my student did not notice I left it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just tell your kids that somebody just as interesting is going in her place...A High School Spanish teacher!!! Just get with my people so that we can set up a date. ok?