I was asked by one of my students..."Miss Zermeño, you need to have more patience with us." Now that was a wake up call for me coming from a 8 year old. I'm embarrassed to say, one of my students told me I needed to have a little more patience. For a second there, I thought I was the student. The child that need to be correct on account of bad behavior. Wow! It is sad to hear it come from one of my students. I do admit it. I wasn't having a good day...perhaps it was because I didn't have coffee that morning...or was it because I was really craving Starbucks but having Starbucks drains a teacher's wallet. Whatever the case was, it's just really an excuse. There shouldn't be any in my profession. That is what I do teach these little children the core subject- get them excited about Science, help them learn the English language and pride them of our own. Teach them how to write in cursive...and inspire them with mathematics problems...and express the importance of being good citizens. Aha...they taught me a lesson. What...lead by example!
So my patience is running dry! I guess I have to refuel. What you ask? Rest, deep breaths...and a cup of coffee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment