Today was the first day of Saturday school for my kids. We decided to have Saturday school to offer tutoring for those students needing extra help to prepare them for the TAKS on 20th of this month. It went really fast today! The children seem to do extremely well. when I say well, I mean with the right attitude! (Funny, but my kids love to go to school on Saturdays!)
After Saturday school, I drove around Big D and to Plano to see a friend and her daughter. They were in Plano for a volleyball tournament. Anita's daughter is only in 8th grade but plays in a volleyball league in Abilene.My friend Anita use to be my 7th grade math teacher many moons ago. We have kept in touch over the years. Well on Saturday afternoon we had lunch together and talked about teacher stuff...the attitude we get throughout the day and those special experiences we have being an educator. I'm so glad I teach 3rd grade!
I do have to mention that Anita was the person that told me not to teach! She warned me and I didn't listen. Something I don't regret doing. She wanted me to do something that made more money I guess. She always said and continues to say that I could do something since I'm bilingual. Although Anita tried to discourage me ... she still inspires me! ( funny )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment