You didn't know I could ride a horse, did you?



Did you know I could ride a horse? Well, to tell you the truth, not very well. Although I really love horses and I would say they are my favorite animals, I haven't learned now to ride in full stride. I have always been fond of horses and enjoyed riding especially when we would go to my grandparents' place in Mexico. I also had a horse when I was about 7 years old but I didn't ride her much because my father was breaking her. I could only ride when he was with me. My dad has another mare now and she is beautiful but a mine of her own. Maybe because she pregnant!!

This picture was taken in November when we went to my aunt and uncle's place. During the warm months, which means...spring, summer and sometimes fall and winter in Texas, my uncle has a rodeo, some would say. But it is actually a coleadera. I have only been a couple of times but it is a rather nice sport to watch.
I'm sure you are wondering why I don't have my feet in the stirrups correctly? Well, I can't reach! Instead of adjusting the length, I just slide my feet in between. My dad use to tell me to do that when I was younger.

0 comments: