Mother's Day/Dia de las Madres

As some of you may already know, today is Mother's Day in Mexico and many Latin American countries. I don't know which ones exactly but I know they really celebrate it big every 10th of May in Mexico.

Mother's Day is a great day to Honor out Mothers and tell them how much we love and appreciate them for all the hard work and dedication they have for us. They're the ones who carried us for nine months in their womb. The ones who nurtured and comforted us when we need it the most. I could only imagine that a mothers job is never done...it is a constant unconditional love that only grows with the years.

So I called my mother early this morning to wish her a happy mother's day and my dad shouts in the background, "we are not in Mexico"! The clown was just pulling my leg, he had already called his mother EARLY this morning to wish her a happy day! I also called my grandmother Beatriz and was so excited to talk.

My grandmother Albina is also in Mexico but unfortunately she is away from all her children. They are all here in the states. She seems to be really happy there even though she is far from us. I called her about noon and she said she had been awake since about 3 this morning because of all bands walking down the streets playing songs to honor the mothers. The traditional Mañanitas, the same one that they sing for the birthdays. I think much rather have a few hours of sleep that to hear music THAT early in the morning!


A mother is the one who will always worry and wonder how her baby is no matter how old they are! Just as my Mami! ; )

Some things I remember and love about my mom: (too many but here are some!)
  • One of my favorite times was when my mom use to pray with me every night!
  • Or the times she would put Jergens lotion on my then, small hands as a child and made sure she got around every finger. Her hands were the softest. Every time I smell Jergens Original scent, I think of HER!
  • Always admired her wedding ring and another ring that symbolized the three of us...two diamonds and a Zircon.
  • I also remember the many times she would wipe my face on the run, she would like wipe it off with her wet thumb.
  • The loud kisses on my cheek, it would actually be so loud that it would hurt my ears.
  • Of course the colitas (pigtails) my mom use to make of my hair. Especially...the No More Tangles by Johnson & Johnson spray she would put on my hair to help get rid of my tangled hair. I thought that only my mom could make my pigtails-- no one else, ask my aunts. Her magical finger curled them just right! Only she made my hair perfect!
  • Never going to sleep mad. She would always apologize and made me think about why she got on to me. I was the one at fault but she always apologized!
  • I always went everywhere with her unless she was working.
  • The times she would be so proud to show me off at work when we would go visit her.

And the list goes on.....I have some many other stories about my mom. My mom and dad remember so much of my childhood as if it was yesterday! I am greatly blessed to have a mom like her. I hope that one day I will be the same for my children. My mother has been a very inspiring person in my life. She would probably be my best friend! Her love shows with her actions!

0 comments: