Friday

I think I have mention this before, but just let me say it again. Friday is my favorite day of the week. Getting up extra early (something I don't do the other days of the week, I just get up on time). I guess I look forward to getting joe at Starbucks. On Fridays,I usually get coffee for my neighbors (teachers down the hall). I actually received a free one this morning. The young man made me the wrong one but he went ahead and gave it to me anyway. I thought that was a nice gesture. A free mocha, that usually doesn't happen to me. I didn't have trouble giving that one away to a teacher in dire need of some coffee!

I have to mention about this past school year, I valued having coffee every Friday morning before school with a friend of mine. Well, she decided to chase 'opportunity' to another state! I'm really going to miss our Friday mornings. Simply sitting down at Sb enjoying our coffee, having a great chat, and watching her son down his usual not so hot hot chocolate and a cinnamon roll. Let me rephrase that...I miss the Friday mornings already!

This week, for me has gone extremely fast!I guess I'm one of the few at school that believe this. I'm fortunate to have 9 students in my class- 2 second graders and 7 third graders. This group of children are certainly little characters!! Today, I had to make a belt for a student who forgot to wear one this morning. He's so funny, he asked me for a belt and I told him that usually don't need one so I don't carry one. We had to settle for doubling some orange yarn to help keep his pants up.

Okay, so...one student in my class comes in this morning with their UTA alumni shirt. I thought...What the heck are you doing in 3rd grade summer school? You see..what we are doing in summer school is to try to get these children ready for the next grade and some are here to pass the dang test! I found that hilarious!

2 comments:

Conry Family said...

Zerpito I miss you and coffee Fridays!!! It's weird being away from you guys knowing that everyone is at school:) How is everything going? Don't go too crazy! Do you see Mrs. Lee often? Take care of her for me if you do! Email me! I check school email pretty often!

Anonymous said...

That's crazy